The Chehalis Valley
Amateur Radio Society
Electronics Workshop - October 25, 2018
Time & Location:
- 7:00 PM
- Fire District 6 Training Room, 2123 Jackson Highway, Chehalis, WA
- Dummy Load with Wattmeter
- Looking at filters with a vector network analyzer:
- Comet CF-416 2-meter/70-centimeter Duplexer
- 10/15/20 meter Triplexer and Bandpass filters
With Ohm's law: Voltage = Current x Resistance
and power law: Power = Voltage x Current
voltage across 50 ohms at 150 watts = square root of (power x resistance) = 86.6 volts rms = 122.4 volts peak.
Dummy Load with Wattmeter:
- "Build an Inexpensive 150 W Dummy Load with Wattmeter," by Jack Purdum and Al Peter, November 2018 QST, pages 32 through 35.
- Assembly Manual and Arduino source code:
- "Filter Basics, Stop, Block, and Roll(off)," by Ward Silver, July/August 2018 Nuts and Volts, pages 16 through 21.
- "Filter Design Software, Once you start, it's hard to stop!," by Ward Silver, September/October 2018 Nuts and Volts, pages 12 through 17.
Vector Network Analyzer:
- Array Solutions vector network analyzer VNA UHF:
- Software, which can be run in demo mode without the VNA UHF:
Return to the top of the page.